Pennsylvania Personal Auto Insurance policies offer a collection of coverages known as First Party Benefits. There is one exception – Workers Compensation.  If you are traveling for your employer as part of your job, even in your own car, your medical expenses and lost wages due to an accident should be covered by Workers Compensation.

Otherwise, initial protection comes from your own Personal Auto policy. And it applies whether you are at-fault or not; driver or passenger; in your own car or another car; even as a pedestrian or bicyclist hit by a car.

The idea behind choosing limits of protection is to consider your other insurance. For example, if everyone in your household has short-term and long-term Disability Income coverage, you may be less concerned about First Party Income Loss from your Personal Auto Insurance policy.  And you may be unconcerned if no one is working.  Household members working part-time should be considered.  That extra income may make a real difference to the household budget.  And part-timers are rarely covered by short-term or long-term Disability Income coverage.

First Party Income Loss coverage is optional. It tends to be inexpensive.  The available limits range from $1,000 per Month / $5,000 per Accident up to $5,000 per Month / $100,000 per Accident.

If you have questions, visit our website’s Consumer Info section (, or contact us.

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By :