The Dwelling coverage can protect
- your Primary Home
- Outbuildings such as a detached garage or shed
Coverage perils can be selected as
- Basic + Extended Form, covering Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Windstorm, Hail, Riot, Civil Commotion, Aircraft, Vehicles, Smoke, Vandalism & Malicious Mischief, Theft
- Broad Form, also covering…Glass Breakage, Burglary Damage, Falling Objects, Collapse of Building, Sudden & Accidental Tearing Apart / Burning / Bulging of Heating or A/C Systems (excludes freezing), Accidental Discharge of Liquid/Steam from Plumbing/ Heating / Appliance (exclusions apply), Freezing, Sudden & Accidental Damage from Artificially Generated Electric Current, Weight of Ice & Snow
- Special Form – Home (Broad Form applies to Contents)…
All physical damage is covered except exclusions such as war, nuclear radiation, earthquake, flood, radon, and others listed in the policy.
CLAIM SETTLEMENT OPTIONS
- Actual Cash Value
Depreciation for age, wear, tear
- Functional Replacement Cost – Home
This option, at time of loss, is offered to Broad Form & Special Form policyholders. No depreciation; repair or replacement uses modern materials and techniques.
- Replacement Cost – Contents
No depreciation. This extra-cost option is available on all forms.
Personal Property (furniture, clothing, appliances, electronics, etc.)
Perils covered match the building coverage at left. Tenant / Renters policies use the Broad Form level of protection.
You choose a deductible (portion you pay). Raising your deductible lowers your premium.
Provides legal defense and a settlement
- to those you may injure, or
- for property you may damage.
These limits can become outdated.
You can have additional coverage with a stand-alone Excess Liability Policy.
- Do you have assets to protect?
o Real estate
o Savings & investments
Offers assistance to visitors injured at your home, even when you are not negligent.
ADDITIONAL LIVING EXPENSE
Covers the additional expenses you incur elsewhere while your home is rebuilt after a covered loss.
- Additional Cohabitant (unrelated person)
- Boats, ATVs, Golf Carts
- Business Property
- Business in the Home
- Damage Due to Sewer & Drain Back-Up
- Equipment Breakdown Requires Broad Form or Special Form protection.
- Identity Recovery
- Scheduled Jewelry, Collectibles, Computers, Musical Instruments
- Liability extension for Secondary Homes
- Utility Vehicles
- Other special needs
We ask for the opportunity to review your needs when purchasing home insurance. We also provide a written review each year.
DISCLAIMER: This brochure is provided as a convenient summary. It is not an offer of coverage. Details, limitations and exclusions are found in the actual policies.