Coverage perils can be selected as
- Named Peril Form…Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Windstorm, Hail, Riot, Civil Commotion, Aircraft, Vehicles, Smoke,Vandalism & Malicious Mischief, Sonic Boom, Glass Breakage (building coverage only), Theft, Falling Objects, Sudden & Accidental Tearing Apart / Burning / Bulging of Heating or A/C Systems (excludes freezing), Accidental Discharge of Liquid/Steam from Plumbing/ Heating / Appliance (exclusions apply), Freezing, Sudden & Accidental Damage from Artificially Generated Electric Current, Weight of Ice & Snow
- Comprehensive Peril Form…All physical damage is covered except exclusions such as war, nuclear radiation, earthquake, flood, radon, and others listed in the policy.
Claim Settlement Options include
- Replacement Cost Guarantee (Dwelling, Other Structures) allows the covered rebuilding cost to exceed the limit shown on your policy.
- Replacement Cost (Dwelling, Other Structures, Personal Property)
No depreciation, repair or replacement matches kind & quality before covered loss
- Functional Replacement Cost (Dwelling, Other Structures) No depreciation, repair or replacement; uses modern materials and techniques
- Actual Cash Value (Personal Property; Secondary Dwelling & Other Structures) Depreciation for age, wear, tear
You may choose perils and claim settlement options. The standard limit for Other Structures is 20% of the Dwelling – may be increased.
ORDINANCE OR LAW
$20,000 for additional expenses to repair / rebuild after a covered loss
You may choose perils and claim settlement options.
THEFT – SPECIAL LIMITS
$3,000 per item / $3,000 per class Guns / Furs / Jewelry / Silverware
Raising your deductible (portion you pay) lowers your premium.
LOSS OF USE
Covers the additional expenses, up to 12 months, you incur while your home is rebuilt after a covered loss.
Offers assistance to visitors injured at your home, even when you are not negligent.
Provides legal defense and a settlement to those you may injure, or for property you may damage.
PARTIAL LIST of OPTIONAL COVERAGES
- Collectibles & High Value Items
- Home Business
- Workers’ Compensation Endorsement (NY law requires that this endorsement be attached to all HomeProtector policies to provide coverage for residence employees working less than 40 per week on a Policyholder’s premises. There is no additional premium charge.
- Liability – Additional Home
- Sewer & Drain Back-Up
- Advantage Bundle ($20) ID Recovery; $5,000 Theft limit in special classes
- Plus Bundle – Advantage and…24 months Loss of Use; Additional $2,000 PC Coverage; $40,000 Ordinance or Law
- Select Bundle – Plus and…$10,000 Theft limit in special classes
We ask for the opportunity to review your needs when purchasing home insurance. We also provide a written review each year.